Categories Concall Highlights, Earnings, Energy
NTPC Limited Q4 FY22 Earnings Conference Call Insights
Key highlights from NTPC Limited (NTPC) Q4 FY22 Earnings Concall
- NTPC said it generated 361 billion units and recorded highest ever annual generation in FY22 vs. 314 billion in FY21, up 15%.
- Mohit K of DAM Capital asked about the status of monetization of the renewables portfolio and if any transaction can be completed in FY23. AK Gautam Dir. Finance said NTPC has already created wholly owned subsidiary of NTPC, the NTPC Green Energy Limited. NTPC is planning to have some amount of monetization during FY23.
- Mohit K of DAM Capital enquired if there will be some revival in thermal capacity addition and if NTPC will have some interim role to play. Chandan Kumar Mondol Dir. Commercial said that NTPC is going to add approx. 5,000 MW of power to augment the power requirement of the customer.
- Puneet Gulati from HSBC asked about the driver of QoQ improvement in profitability, while capacity addition being limited to about 300 MW. Anil Kumar Gautam Director Finance said that in the previous quarter, NTPC made certain tax adjustments under the Vivad Se Vishwas Scheme that led to reduced taxation of around INR2,000 crores in FY22 and also the CRC orders.
- Puneet Gulati from HSBC asked that looking at the standalone profit vs. consolidated profit, why the subsidiaries were a negative number. Anil Kumar Gautam Director Finance answered that it is mainly because in the standalone, NTPC accounted for dividend.
- Puneet Gulati from HSBC also asked about the profitability of subsidiaries for FY22. Anil Kumar Gautam Director Finance replied that profit after tax was INR1946.77 crore vs. INR1737.60 crore in FY21.
- Rahul Modi from ICICI Securities enquired about the bidding pipeline expected over the next 6-12 months in renewables. Mohit Bhargava ED said the bidding pipeline is guided more by SECI and MNRE rather than by NTPC. So the expectation is that they will bid about 10 GW in 2H23.
- Rahul Modi from ICICI Securities also asked how is the solar module market currently and supplies panning out. Mohit Bhargava ED answered that in this market the supply is constrained. Some of the existing projects will face some delays due to this and also JVs.
- Rahul Modi from ICICI Securities enquired about the coal availability now and the targeted imports. Ramesh Babu Director Operations answered that currently, NTPC has around 12 days full availability and some coal is also imported and is being shipped to NTPC stations, with index price at $40.
- Subhadip Mitra of JM Financial asked about capacity addition in FY23 and FY24 and split it between thermal and renewable. Chandan Kumar Mondol Director Commercial said NTPC will be adding approx. 6 gigawatt for thermal. And in FY23 specifically, NTPC will be adding 5 GW and for FY24, NTPC will be adding approx. 6 GW.
- Subhadip Mitra of JM Financial asked how much of NTPC’s capacities are getting impacted by GIB issues. Ramesh Babu Director Operations answered that as of now roughly 900 MW is impacted by GIB, as NTPC has to get permission from the committee appointed by Supreme Court.
- Anuj Upadhyay from HDFC Securities enquired about the Rajasthan 10 GW deal, if it falls under the area of GIB issues. Ramesh Babu Director Operations said that it’s the reason Rajasthan government is taking a bit more time to identify the land as it doesn’t want it to be covered under the GIB priority area.
Cochin Shipyard Ltd (COCHINSHIP) Q4 FY22 Earnings Concall Transcript
Cochin Shipyard Limited (NSE:COCHINSHIP) Q4 FY22 Earnings Concall dated May. 26, 2022 Corporate Participants: Madhu S Nair -- Chairman & Managing Director Jose V J -- Director Finance Analysts: Vastupal Shah
All you need to know about Antony Waste Handling Cell in one article
Can you guess the name of the company that was listed during the IPO frenzy in 2020 and is the second largest player in the Indian municipal waste management industry?
Demystifying the Leading Non-Ferrous Recycling Company of India
“Hey, how is the market doing today?” “Oh!, its falling tremendously since morning” I am sure news like these might be a common topic of discussion for you nowadays. Interestingly,