Key highlights from Hindustan Unilever Ltd (HINDUNILVR) Q4 FY22 Earnings Concall
- HINDUNILVR reported that the company crossed the INR50,000 crore turnover mark in FY22.
- HINDUNILVR said it expects near-term operating environment to remain challenging. The company added that its margins will decline in short-term as price versus cost gap increases.
- The company remains confident of outpacing FMCG market growth and recovering margins in a phased manner.
- Abneesh Roy from Edelweiss asked about the proposed ban of CPO in Indonesia and its impact on HINDUNILVR. Ritesh Tiwari CFO said the company doesn’t expect this to be a long-term issue, given the amount of excess palm that Indonesia produces. Also supplies from other palm-producing nations and company’s own formulations will continue.
- Abneesh Roy from Edelweiss also enquired about the relevance in India of recent developments in ad campaigns, which is not to target children under 16. Sanjiv Mehta CEO said that it is all about responsible marketing. HINDUNILVR focus would be on mothers and fathers, the parents and the company doesn’t see in any way getting disadvantaged.
- Latika Chopra from JPMorgan asked about the e-commerce trend for the key segments. Sanjiv Mehta CEO said the company is growing market share from a Nielsen perspective in urban and rural and value and volume. As far as e-commerce is concerned HINDUNILVR said it is very pleased with the progress that it is doing.
- Kunal Vora from BNP Paribas asked about the digital demand capture, from 20% now, where does the company see itself getting to in next 2, 3 years. Sanjiv Mehta CEO said that it’s it is not just about demand capture. HINDUNILVR want to be the most intelligent consumer goods enterprise. HINDUNILVR wants to ensure that across the value chain, it is able to use technology and on every area the principle of attribution to growth is brought in.
- Harit Kapoor from Investec enquired about margin strategy. Sanjiv Mehta CEO answered that the company’s strategy has two components; to protect the business model and to grow the consumer franchise. In short term there will be stretch in margins as there will be price vs. cost gap.
- Harit Kapoor from Investec asked that from an aggregate perspective if media intensity to trend downwards over the next few months. Sanjiv Mehta CEO answered that it has come down by about 20%. If the company sees media intensity goes up, it will unblinkingly invest more behind its brands.
Cochin Shipyard Limited (NSE:COCHINSHIP) Q4 FY22 Earnings Concall dated May. 26, 2022 Corporate Participants: Madhu S Nair -- Chairman & Managing Director Jose V J -- Director Finance Analysts: Vastupal Shah
Can you guess the name of the company that was listed during the IPO frenzy in 2020 and is the second largest player in the Indian municipal waste management industry?
“Hey, how is the market doing today?” “Oh!, its falling tremendously since morning” I am sure news like these might be a common topic of discussion for you nowadays. Interestingly,