Key highlights from Bata India Limited (BATAINDIA) Q1 FY23 Earnings Concall
- Umang Mehta of Kotak Securities asked about the contribution from sneakers, including Power in 1Q23 and progress of it from pre-COVID. Gunjan Shah MD replied that sneakers contribute roughly about 19% to the turnover, which is a gain of about 4 percentage point. The company is feeling robust about the strong growth trajectory in sneakers going forward.
- Umang Mehta of Kotak Securities also asked about the school shoes contribution in 1Q23. Gunjan Shah MD answered that the contribution would have been roughly around 9% in 1Q23.
- Aniket Sethi with ICICI Securities asked about the split of the ASP growth of 19% in terms of mix benefit from casualization and like-for-like price increases. Gunjan Shah MD answered that the ASP growth has been sequentially flat. But YonY growth is significant in the range of 20%.
- Aniket Sethi with ICICI Securities enquired if the company is covered for any inflation. Gunjan Shah MD clarified that on inflation, whatever the company has seen in inflation it has taken action. As of now, BATAINDIA is hoping that inflation stabilizes if not decline.
- Aniket Sethi with ICICI Securities asked if the company’s newer stores have a sneaker studio. Gunjan Shah MD replied that mostly newer stores would have it, especially in Tier 1 and Tier 2 towns. For franchise they need not have it.
- Gaurav Jogani from Axis Capital asked about the ASP in retail and wholesale channel. Gunjan Shah MD clarified that e-commerce ASPs are going up and even last quarter they have gone up. One of the big levers is to make customized curated collection that is online savvy.
- Kapil Jagasia from Edelweiss asked about franchisee stores and how successful these are in small towns. Gunjan Shah MD said that there are many towns where BATAINDIA is the first entry player from a organized retail. The franchise model in such towns are gaining market share for the company.
Cochin Shipyard Limited (NSE:COCHINSHIP) Q4 FY22 Earnings Concall dated May. 26, 2022 Corporate Participants: Madhu S Nair -- Chairman & Managing Director Jose V J -- Director Finance Analysts: Vastupal Shah
Can you guess the name of the company that was listed during the IPO frenzy in 2020 and is the second largest player in the Indian municipal waste management industry?
“Hey, how is the market doing today?” “Oh!, its falling tremendously since morning” I am sure news like these might be a common topic of discussion for you nowadays. Interestingly,