Patrick Industries Inc. (NASDAQ:PATK) Q3 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript

Oct 25, 2018 • 10:00 am ET

Previous

Patrick Industries Inc. (NASDAQ:PATK) Q3 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript

Share
Close

Loading Event

Loading Transcript

Presentation
Operator
Operator

Good morning, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to the Patrick Industries, Incorporated Third Quarter 2018 Earnings Conference Call. My name is Michelle, and I will be your operator for today. Please note that this conference call is being recorded.

I will now turn the call over to Ms. Julie Ann Kotowski from Investor Relations. Ms. Kotowski, you may begin.

Executive
Julie Ann Kotowski

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to Patrick Industries Third Quarter 2018 Conference Call. I am joined on the call today by Todd Cleveland, Chairman and CEO; Andy Nemeth, President; and Josh Boone, CFO.

(Forward-Looking Cautionary Statements)

I would now like to turn the call over to Todd Cleveland.

Executive
Todd Cleveland

Thank you, Julie Ann. Good morning, everyone, and thank you for joining us on the call today. We're pleased to report another quarter of continued organic and strategic top and bottom line growth, operational performance and execution and confidence and enthusiasm related to all four of our primary markets we serve based on strong demographics and fundamentals.

Our third quarter revenues increased 41% to $575 million in light of the discipline and tactical balancing of production schedules and inventories by the RV, OEMs and dealers. This rebalancing is strategically designed to ensure that dealer inventories are well positioned to support current and expected strong retail demand expectations. Our disciplined capital allocation strategies and strategic initiatives, combined with our strong demand patterns in our core markets outside of RV, which now comprise approximately 40% of our revenues, also resulted in strong performance and accretion of both top and bottom line.

Our third quarter net income per diluted share increased 60% from the third quarter of 2017. And on a year-to-date basis, our revenues and net income per diluted share increased 49% and 63%, respectively. On a trailing 12-month basis, our revenues exceeded $2.2 billion, and our diluted earnings per share were $4.93.

Now I'll turn the call over to Andy, who will further review our primary markets and performance.

Executive
Andy Nemeth

Thank you, Todd. As noted, we remain energized and optimistic about the opportunities in front of us to continue to drive our business model and the fundamentals behind our market expectations in all four of our primary markets. Our leisure lifestyle markets, collectively RV and marine, represent 76% of our third quarter revenue and are centered around spending quality time with family, balanced connectivity and creating lifelong experiences and memories. Additionally, our housing and industrial markets, which comprise the other 24% of our consolidated revenue base, represent foundational pillars in the generational timeline.

In the third quarter of 2018, we continued to diversify our core market concentration with our RV and non-RV revenue mix representing 62% and 38%, respectively. Strong demographic trends with millennials, Gen Xs, Gen Ys and baby boomers, coupled with consumer confidence and historically low interest rates, all point towards slow and steady growth in each of these markets, despite recent volatility and seasonal and capacity rebalancing.

Now I'd like to provide an update and some additional color on each of the core