Life science research company $ILMN's earnings for 1Q17
quadrupled, helped by a pre-tax gain of $453MM resulting from the GRAIL
repurchase of shares from $ILMN. Net income jumped 314% to $373MM or $2.52 per
share from $90MM or $0.60 per share a year ago. Revenue increased 4.54% to
$COF's period-end loans held for investment for 1Q17 decreased 2% to $240.6Bil, while average loans held for investment increased less than 1% to $241.5Bil. Period-end total deposits rose 2% to $241.2Bil, while average deposits increased 3% to $238.6Bil.
$COF reported a 20% drop in 1Q17 earnings due to higher provision for credit losses and lower non-interest income. Net income fell to $810MM or $1.54 per share from $1.01Bil or $1.84 per share last year. Revenue grew 5% to $6.54Bil. Excluding item, EPS for the latest quarter was $1.75.